Sunday, March 30, 2008

No Discrimination

Dear Readers,

I must tell you I have realized something, I have no discriminating spirit when it comes to yarn. One month I will spend $40 on a single skein of Be Sweet Magic Ball. The next month I will spend $6 on two skeins of Red Heart Super Saver yarn. I will make baby sweaters out of Jaeger yarn and hats out of a pound of Joanne's Rainbow brand yarn. And then they all go into the same big plastic bin to live happily together.


Basically friends, I'm not a yarn snob. I'm a yarn hippie. Maybe one day all my yarn and I will get together in our yarny happiness, hold hands, and sing Kum Ba Yah. I love it.

So, yeah, after church I went to Joanne's and picked out some red and black yarn. I'm making some knee high socks. One pair in purple and red and, if my strength holds out, one pair in red and black.
There was much calculating. Which made my brain hurt. I did have to take a test on Saturday. And there was lots of math on the test.
But who doesn't love a pair of knee high socks? That's right. No one. No one doesn't love knee high socks.
And I finished the magic slippers. I wanted Penelope to wear them but she just wanted to sniff at them.

No comments: