Monday, March 24, 2008

I Spoke Too Soon

After my comment yesterday about how nice the weather was getting and how warm the temperature was... it was freezing cold today. Wind and snow flurries and everything. Boo for crazy March weather.

Tonight I put down the pink sweater in favor of seaming an old baby sweater I finished a few months ago.
It looks pretty good. Here's a picture of the cabled front.
While I'm pretty pleased with how it is turning out I have a confession to make. I suck at seaming. I mean, it's bad. I'm never really sure where I should be sticking the needle and then I just end up kind of doing my own thing and it seems to be working out (for now). I think if I could properly see the stitches it would be better. But the colors of this yarn kind of obscure my view (and, hopefully, the view of my poor seaming job). However I end up getting the needle through, I always make sure that I do it nice and tight. At least that way it won't come undone. When I finish with the seaming I want to add a zipper to the front. Ambitious, I know. But I'm hoping that will make the semi-crinkly fronts lie flatter.

Penelope came to investigate and was thoroughly unconcerned with my seaming problems. Please divert your eyes from my hideous attire.

No comments: