Friday, March 28, 2008

Has it Really Been a Week?

When I checked my blog today I realized I hadn't posted since Monday. I did knit some more during the week...but only 4 rows on the pink sweater. I sat in silence on Wednesday and just knit on the sweater and thought. I digress however. That wasn't any really significant amount of work. Today, I got this:
Sock yarn in some muted, manly tones.
The mom of one of my students brought this to me. She had seen the rings I knit for a friend. I commented that I thought sock yarn would work better. She said she had some sock yarn from a project that she never used in some manly colors and asked if I would like to inherit it to make another ring. I, of course, jumped at the chance.
However, I thought that knitting a ring would be a little boring and too quick for my tastes. So, I put aside the studying, put aside the ring making, and made one magic slipper.
So cute! Mine turned out a little different than the ones pictured in the pattern. I used a size 2 needle and omitted about 4 rows of decreases making the sides of the slipper pretty shallow. I think they turned out pretty good.
There is always room for improvement but I'll think about that after making the second slipper.
Now, I'm going to head to bed for a good night's sleep. Then I'll get up early, study a little, and then go take my certification test. Wish me luck! Maybe there will be celebratory knitting :)

No comments: