I uploaded my picture software to my work computer so I can finally put up some pics. I finished the back of the pink sweater. I tried to hold it up and model the size. I'm not really sure it's a very good picture but you get the idea. If you look very closely you can see where the bottom half has a weird texture to it from being ripped out and re-knit. Hopefully after I finish and block it it won't look wonky. I also realized that I had knit the 1x1 ribbing using US size 9 needles when I was supposed to use a US size 7. But by that point I had already cast on for the front of the sweater so I didn't sweat it too much.
This is the amount of yarn left over when I finished the back. One whole skein gone. It was pretty awesome to see such little waste.
Right now my personal knitting is going slowly. I started my morning knitting class at school again with a whole new group of kids. Most of them are fairly quick to pick up the technique and there are some kids who are zipping along. I've been spending every free minute studying for the GACE test I have to take next weekend to get certified to teach elementary school. Therefore, I will apologize for the spaciness and infrequency of some of the upcoming posts. Once I get past this test then it will be (almost) Spring Break and a visit to see the Yarn Harlot!