Monday, July 7, 2008

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig...

Yep, my adventures in Moldova are over (at least for the time being). I had  wonderful time there and meet some amazing people who I already miss very dearly. It has been quite the experience coming back to the states. I've had a little reverse culture shock going on. Not only have I had some emotional moments (yesterday I cried at least twice) but I'm physically suffering as well. My allergies are in full swing again, my face has broken out, and, worst of all, I have been having a terrible reaction to the over processed, fat filled, beyond rich food that we consume on a daily basis here in America. The Pepto Bismol jingle is a very adequate way to describe how I feel right now. Who would have imagined that I would have been feeling better in Moldova?

Hopefully though, all this will pass in the next few days. Well, at least the physical part. There are so many wonderful memories that I want to hold on to forever. I had planned to show a few pictures but I just spent 2 days printing them and up loading them to my facebook page so, frankly, I wasn't too excited to go diving back into all 384 of them again. I promise there will be some soon though.

I'm not the only person who has had issues with me coming back though. Penelope has missed me dearly and has found ways to demand my attention at the most unusual of times. Like say at 2:00 this morning when she decided to step across my chest and look me in the face. And earlier today she jumped up on my desk while I was typing and (after stepping on my computer several times) settled herself in on top of a pile of papers in the sun.
She never jumps up here on the desk.
Of course the computer had to move lest there be cat butt on it. I'm so accommodating.

Oddly enough, over the last 2 weeks there was some knitting.
This is a pair of Warm Woolies Socks. Remember that Patons Classic Wool in Harvest? That's what it was for. These are actually international socks. They were started in here in Georgia, worked on in Rome, Italy, and I sewed in the ends of them while I was in Chişinua, Moldova. 
This is the first of a second, smaller, set of socks for Warm Woolies. Also international, these were started in Prague, Czech Republic and were finished and sewn up somewhere in the air above Canada. The second sock was started over the northern part of the U.S. and I feel should be nearing completion some time this evening. I'm ready for a relaxing night. It seems like all this traveling and time changes have finally caught up to me so I have spent most of the afternoon in the fetal position on the couch. Despite all that, I'm glad to be home.

No comments: