Friday, June 20, 2008

What does a 32 lb. backpack look like?

Well, kind of like this (cat included for scale):
Yeah, it's pretty beastly. Luckily I'll be leaving some of the bigger, heavier items in Moldova. You would not believe how much room a soccer ball takes up (and yes, I had to bring one).

Earlier today I was fretting about how I was going to transport my brand new bamboo knitting needles without breaking them. I had originally just thrown them in the front of my carry on backpack but I began thinking about how my dad handles luggage and I wanted something a little more sturdy. Then my good friend AG shows up with a "survival kit."

Perfect for the new needles (and look at all the goodies he included!).

I'm officially packed and ready to go (except for some toothpaste I have to throw in tomorrow morning). I've been getting a little more nervous as the day goes on though. Tonight I'm going to try and watch a little TV and relax. Oh, and vacuum. My mom would kill me if I didn't vacuum. This is my last post until I get back so everyone have an enjoyable 2 weeks and keep knitting!

If you are looking for the Warm Woolies Sweater in the Round pattern you can link to it in the side bar or just scroll down one post.

No comments: