Saturday, February 16, 2008

Recap

Valentine's Day came and went. In typical Melissa fashion I realized, as I was walking into work on Thursday, that this was what I was wearing:
All black. On the perkiest, lovingest day of the year. Is there some subliminal message included there? Penelope didn't care either way. She didn't get chocolates or flowers. Sorry kitty.
I have been able to get a few things to the almost finished point. But that's the good and bad part. 3 projects are almost finished but still need to be seamed or embellished.

Baby Hat #3.
Pattern: My standard baby hat pattern
Needles: US size 10
Yarn: Bernat Krysta in an off white-ish color (don't bother looking for this yarn, I'm not sure it exists any more)
All this bad boy is missing is some seaming.

Second yellow sock
Pattern: Yarn Harlot's simple sock recipe
Needles: US size 6 DPNs
Yarn: Caron One Pound in Sunflower
Still need to make it to the toe. Almost there so long as the needles didn't fall out as I was putting this back in the knitting bag of doom. And that is a big if.
T-Strap Baby Booties
Pattern: T-Strap Baby Booties
Needles: US size 9
Yarn: Bernat Chunky in Nature's Way
Needs seaming and some buttons. I was thinking maybe some antique looking silver ones would be cool.
My hopes for tonight are first and foremost to get a gift for a one-year old's birthday I'll be attending a party for tomorrow (I know, if I was a real knitter I would have made him some sleep pants or something. So sue me). Then I plan on getting some dinner, coming home, watching American Beauty, and finishing at least 2 of these WIPs.

P.S. You can follow me and my other great knitterly plans on Ravelry. Check me out!

No comments: