Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I Think in Blog

Today hasn't been too eventful. After work (and a little nap), I went to dinner with my parents and got an early Valentine's Day present.
I came home and dug around in my knitting bag to find something to work on that wasn't too challenging. Behold the Knitting Bag of Doom. Enter if you dare!
I found the second yellow sock and have been working on it for a little while. I'll be happy if I can make it to the heel tonight.Then I remembered I hadn't shown off this hat that I finished over the weekend.
It's just a simple baby hat. I used a new stitch though. It's called the trinity stitch and it makes these cool little bobbles all over the hat. I used some Rainbow Classic yarn in the purple colorway (berry) and some US size 10 needles. I cast on 44 stitches and did 2 inches of K2P2 ribbing and then did the trinity stitch until the whole thing measured 7 inches from the cast on edge. Then I threaded some yarn through the top, pulled tight, and topped it off with a pom pom.
This is a (poor) close up of the stitch. Take my word for it. It looks cool.
I must say I'm exercising restraint by not casting on for this hat.

I have the yarn suggested in the book and the needles and I really think the pattern is cute. But, alas, I've told myself that I will wait until I have finished one of my other projects first:
1. Second yellow sock
2. Second T-Strap Baby Bootie
3. Back of pink sweater
4. 4th baby hat
5. Ripple scarf

No comments: