Sunday, February 24, 2008

Hoopla and Knitting

What causes this much hoopla and presentation...


Fireworks and...
an elaborate lights show.

Why, University of Georgia gymnastics.

Mom, my aunt, and I went to Athens yesterday to watch the meet and have dinner with my bro and his girlfriend. This is a little of what we saw.
Are people's bodies supposed to bend like that?

I used to be able to do this actually. I was a gymnast for 6 years.
Look at how high she is!

There was also some knitting. These are some booties that I had started in hopes of having them finished for a baby shower on Saturday morning. As you can see, that didn't happen.
In fact, I don't really like these booties. I don't like the little ridges on the insole. And I'm still not 100% sure that all the instructions are correct. If they are, they are rather vague to me. When I divided up the stitches like it said to, half the stitches were purled and half were knitted which was not going to work out.
I'm going to frog them. The yarn was scratchy and sticky. Boo :( But from the looks of things at the shower little Elijah will be just fine without them. The Presto Chango baby sweater is coming along much better. And I really like this yarn. It's so soft to work with.
I need to update my Ravelry page and also figure out how to make my bloglines account work. Hopefully I can get everything running smoothly in the next couple of days.

No comments: