Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Holiday Spirit

The gift bags for the students have been assembled.
The cookies for decorating have been baked.
And to kick off the gift giving, Godmoma's package from a swap I did on Ravelry arrived earlier this week.
This yarn rocks! It's Cascade Magnum, which I had never heard of.
Super bulky, super soft. I can't wait to make something with it. Godmoma sent a pattern with it for a Christmas stocking. Since all I have is 2 tiny little stockings stuck on the fire screen this seems like a great project to under take. She also sent a candle and a little pouch.
And, a bonus "gift"...

I hooked up my DTV digital converter to my antenna. I've never really seen a point in investing in cable, especially when it's an extra $100 every month, so for the past 3.5 years I've put up with sketchy antenna reception. With this little beauty perched on my TV though I get excellent reception of all my favorite non-cable stations. Right now I'm enjoying a Rick Steves special on Christmas. I love Rick Steves! This show is making me want to move to England.

Unfortunately with all this merriment I seem to have come down with some sort of colossal head/chest cold. I can hardly speak. This does not bode well for teaching first graders. I'm hanging on for just a few more days and then, hopefully, I'll hit a doctor's office before the weekend. Otherwise I might have some very silent nights.

No comments: