Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy Blogiversary!

One year ago today I started this blog. Happy Blogiversary to me! And to you...if you go to my store (Vivid Creation Fibers) you can use the code "blogiversary" to receive 15% off your order. The sale ends this Saturday so hurry in! Now for a recap...

Thanksgiving:
My dad and my brother's girlfriend Brandi ran the half marathon held every year in Atlanta.
I can't even imagine walking 13.1 miles, much less running it, so major props to them.

On the way home from picking them up I was able to find a new place to get my hair did.
Welcome to Atlanta.

Friday:
My family had our full on Thanksgiving dinner at my aunt's house on Friday (Thursday I had tacos with my parents which was a fun twist on the traditional meal).

My Uncle Mark fried a turkey in the backyard.
And we had all the traditional side dishes like mac and cheese, dressing (that's Southern for stuffing), broccoli and cheese casserole, and loads more yummy stuff.

P.S. If you have never had a deep fried turkey, run, do not walk, RUN and make one. Do it. I'll wait. The turkeys are on sale now too. A word of caution though: keep them a safe distance from the house. Vinyl siding and 350 degree hot oil apparently do not mix well.

This is my cousin Jake who, when he saw me knitting away on a sock after dinner, wanted his picture made with it.
And then he wanted to take a picture of me with the sock.
Currently I'm pretty hung up on this second Jaywalker sock (Rav link). I've got to dig in the stash and see if I can come up with teensy amount of yarn I had left from the first sock to try and finish the toe of this second sock. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping it I can make it on one skein but it's not looking too promising.

December:
I put up my Christmas tree yesterday to get me ready for the upcoming holiday season.
It's not decorated yet but it's still festive. Especially when I light the mistletoe candle :)

Today I received my gift from Warm Woolies. This is the book I got.
I think I can get into this. There are some pretty nice designs. Some are a little more glitzy than I would go for but then there are some that I think would be a nice little challenge for me.

I also got some size 9 DPNs which are nice because I don't have any of those and 5 skeins of this:
Rowan 4-ply cotton in a buttercream yellow. I have no clue what to make with this. Socks? But isn't cotton super non-stretchy? I found a cute top (Rav link) but I'm not sure that pale yellow would look very good with my amazingly Irish skin. Any suggestions are welcome.

Otherwise Christmas knitting continues as planned...except for having lost a tiny little slip of paper that tells me what row I'm on...off to figure out that mess now...

1 comment:

DragonsChest said...

Happy Blogiversary to you! Your Christmas tree is very pretty.