Saturday, December 8, 2007

To Do List

My cat, Penelope, does not like to sleep in. Not when I'm home. As today is Saturday, I was trying to sleep in for the first time in ages. At 6:30 Penelope climbed onto my stomach and began kneading my belly and swishing her fuzzy tail in my face. Then she feel asleep, which is ok for about 5 minutes then she starts to make my back hurt (she is 10 pounds of pure fuzz). At 8:30 she walked across the pillow and stood on my hair. When I yelled she jumped off and positioned herself so close to me that I couldn't even roll over. By 10:00 she had given up on me and went to sleep on her side of the bed. By then I was ready to get up so she climbed over and took the warm spot where I had been sleeping. So is the life of a cat owner.

Through all of Penelope's escapades this morning something productive did occur. I, in my half awake stupor, was able to work out a plan on how I wanted to attack the cabling of the preemie baby sweater. I plan on finishing both panels today and sewing the thing together. We shall see how that goes.

Over the past week or so while I was at work I made of list if around 110 scarf patterns (give or take 4 or 5) and, coincidentally, one baby sweater from Knitting Pattern Central that I want to use. I have an idea of what I'm going to do with 110 scarves but I will tell you more about that later. I've already started on a faggot stitch one that is looking cool and showing off some textured boucle yarn that I'm trying to use up.

Today's plan is to finish the preemie sweater, do some shopping at Target, read some from my great new book, Girl in a Cage, and clean the apartment (boo).

No comments: