Saturday, December 15, 2007

Block Party Weekend

Today, while out furniture shopping (read about it here) I picked up some t-pins. That means that today was the beginning of a blocking extravaganza. Here's a baby blanket that I had finished a few weeks ago (pre-blocking):

I made it from leftover yarn. The red is deep red Red Heart that I used for the Simple Scarf. The blue is a Red Heart sport weight in Skipper Blue (loved the color!). The multicolored yarn is Red Heart super saver in Mexicana. I originally got the pattern from www.nancyhearne.com. But the pattern is no longer available. I've included it at the bottom of the page if you want to use it.


This is baby blanket during blocking. It's a "preemie" sized blanket at about 15 inches long.

And...I finished all the rectangles for the preemie sweater! I knit the last panel up while waiting for the high school band to perform at a concert on Thursday night.

And here it is pre blocking and before I sewed in the ends but it's set up in the way that it will be pieced together. I like how the purple in the yarn made these interesting tiger stripes in the sleeves. I think I'm going to make a hat and booties to match.

My friend Jenn is already begging for one when she has a baby. I was going to block this tonight too but I decided to wait since I wasn't sure if I had enough t-pins. The sweater should be done by the end of the week me thinks. I can't wait to be done with this cutie!

Raised Garter Stripes blanket:


Materials:
1 oz. each of 3 colors of yarn
US size 5 needles (the original pattern calls for size 6 needles)

Rows 1 and 2: With color *, K across
Rows 3-6: Work stockinette stitch (K on right side, P on wrong side)
Rows 7 and 8: K across; change to color *
Rows 9 and 10: K across; change to color *
Rows 11-14: Work stockinette stitch
Rows 15 and 16: K across; change to color *
Rows 17 and 18: K across; change to color *
Repeat rows 1-18 continuing to change colors for pattern.
*= colored yarn, you want to continually cycle through the colors. First A then B and then C. This makes the color changes different each time through the pattern.

No comments: