Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Panic in 3...2...1...

Why is it that the week that you have a major, cannot be changed, deadline that is the one week where you have to accomplish everything in the world? The fact that I'm also out of toilet paper and cat food is not lost on me. My deadline? Boarding a plane to Boston for a quick weekend get-away tomorrow night. Please note the luggage below:
On the left you will see my "normal" suitcase. This is good for holding enough clothing for a 2 week vacation to anywhere in the world. The "suitcase" (if you can even call something that small a suitcase) on the right is what I will be taking with me to Boston. I'm currently working on the schematic for making 2 sweaters, 2 pairs of pants and a bag of toiletries fit inside. This way I won't have to check any luggage and I will be, hopefully, less inhibited. Don't ask how less luggage makes you uninhibited but it does. My O Crap meter started going off at about 10:00 this evening when I realized I had to clean my purse, fill out my tax sheets, do 2 loads of laundry, and finish packing before I could even think about going to bed tonight. Never fear though, I have completed most of the laundry, finished with the purse and the taxes (as best as I could, I'm terrible with maths), and I've had a large mug of fully caffeinated and sugar filled hot tea to keep me going until the rest is done. I will prevail! Or suffer from a massive sugar crash in about 30 minutes. We'll see.

I'll leave you with a picture of my Space Monkey socks. I'm actually past the heel now but you can enjoy the paste-y whiteness of my legs and the yummy colors in this super luscious sock yarn.
P.S. I'm still looking for yarn shops to visit in the Boston area. If you know of any send me a direct message on Twitter at theknftyknttr. Kthnxbai!

2 comments:

Deanna said...

What a great blog!!! And it's so fun to read your writing...I hear it just like your voice in my head. My sister is a knitter so I'm sending her this link.

LISMI said...

You will like Boston. I hope you will have a great week-end. My favorite LYS is 1 1/2 hours from Boston :).
I love to read your blog.