Sunday, January 27, 2008

One Down

One yellow sock finished. One more to go. I think I did pretty good for my first (correctly gauged) hand made sock
My Kitchener stitch on the toe needs a little work. Right now the corners are a bit pointy.
Still, so awesome.
And look at the heel! The gussets, the short rows, the heel flap! And no hives on my part. Just, beauty. I owe this all to the Yarn Harlot and her simple socks recipe from Knitting Rules! Every instruction she gives is spot on. One thing I'm totally blown away about is how big homemade socks are. But so much nicer and warmer than normal store bought. Just hope I don't get second sock syndrome so I can have a cute pair.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats

eve knits said...

it all starts with one sock, then it leads to many more! good luck!!