Thursday, January 29, 2009

Susie Anti-Social

I find my weekend once again full of social engagements. Friday is knit night at my place, Saturday I have a training meeting at church and then going to see Stomp!, Sunday is a Super Bowl party at a friend's house. Don't get me wrong, I like seeing my friends, but too much of a good thing is a bad thing. I need time to myself. Looking back at the past few weeks I have been to 3 knit nights, 2 gymnastics meets in Athens, a knit in to make Stitches South decorations, the Cirque du Soleil show, ARMA training, 2 meetings at church, and taught private lessons. Not so much time to myself. I just want a day to sleep in and do nothing. I do love knit nights, and I really like gymnastics. And the meetings at church are for missions stuff and leadership stuff which I find interesting. I like all these events, however, looking ahead to next week I have to teach private lessons 2 days, 2 knit nights, and another gymnastics meet on Saturday. And a wedding shower Sunday. Thereby, I'm hereby declaring February 14th my day off! How ironic, Valentine's Day. And I'm single. I guess it was going to work out that I was by myself any ways. Le sigh.

The new Vogue Knitting magazine is bringing me some comfort in these times of social distress.

I'm loving this:
This woman is swaddled in 10 pounds of bulky knitted scarf. My dream of bathing in yarn may actually become a realization.

And if that's not enough for you:
CABLES! I <3 cables.

And if that's still not enough:
A whole article on bulky yarn (guess what my fav type of yarn is...).

Complete with ads for super bulky yarn.
Doesn't this woman look so ecstatic to be wrapped in a bulky sweater? I know I would be!

Here's some uber skinny women in crazy bulky knitting dresses.
Practical? Not in the least but these...
Actually attainable. Not so into the yellow sweater (not a big fan of the bobble) but the scarf...Yum.

And...
...cables! A sweater dress! Fab! And if there aren't enough cables on this dress how about a sweater totally covered in cables?
I really like the snowy whiteness of these too though I'm not sure "white" is my "color."

There's a fab jacket that I'm seriously thinking I need to make.
Or I could make this blanket/wrap.
It's knit with 5(!) strands of worsted held together on broom sticks (ok, on size 32s but close enough). By the way, where do you get 24" size 32 circulars?

I love looking through the patterns and seeing most of the pictures of the yarn look like this:
Did you notice that this bulky yarn is to be held doubled to make a lace scarf? Suddenly I love lace.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I heart Vogue knitting :) Sometimes we go to borders... mike gets scifi and computer books, I sit in the coffee shop and drool over Knit mags!

Evonne said...

You would look adorable in all of those designs! You have the cute figure to carry those heavy yarns! Get those needles workin!