Saturday, June 9, 2012

Relaxed

I'm feeling quite relaxed today. It actually started yesterday after work. I'm not sure I did anything terribly productive after I came home. It was so nice! I knit. I read some blogs. I watched a movie (500 Days of Summer) with some friends. And today has been equally as nice. I slept in. I made some breakfast. I did some work on assignments for school. I took pictures of donations to EEROP. I cleaned the cat box. I ate Doritos (nacho cheese). I'll probably make another cup of coffee for myself before I leave to run errands and go to dinner for my brother's birthday. Then I'll come home. Finish up school work. Probably knit some more. Go to bed. It's awesome! I'm hoping it's not the calm before the storm but I just feel really peaceful and relaxed, even when I look ahead to all the things I have coming up. Next week is my last week of work and my last week of school for this quarter. Then I have a few days off to pack and move more of my apartment and I leave for Romania on the 19th. Even with the final stages of the move (and still lots to do) upon me and the packing and logistics involved with a 2 and 1/2 week trip out of country and a final paper looming, I'm still feeling fine. And I'm so thankful that it's peace and not mental breakdown. Though, I think I got that out of the way a few weeks ago. I must be feeling in control because I started another knitting project the other night.
Sleeve #1
It's the first sleeve of a sideways knit sweater (Cuff-to-Cuff Pullover by Jennifer Hagan). I really felt the urge to start something charity related so this satisfies my appetite for now. One of the ways that I gauge whether life is on track for me is whether I'm knitting anything and what I'm knitting. If I'm working on something I enjoy then life is good. If I'm knitting something that I don't really love then I'm hanging in there but I'm probably pretty stressed. If I'm not knitting then just look out, the meltdown is coming. So, knitting on this sleeve actually proves that, in the midst of chaos, peace resides. Here's to hoping this relaxation follows me well into the next week!

P.S. I have not made up my mind entirely about which direction I want to take this blog in. I will probably be sharing more about life in general. As for moving the blog, changing the title, etc. I'm still not sure what to do but I appreciate everyone's feedback!

Project count up:
Charity: 7 completed, 1 one the needles
Self: 0
Family and friends: 1 on the needles, 5 completed (excluding some washcloths for my mom)

No comments: