Monday, June 1, 2009

No Excuse

A week ago I was getting over the flu. Which I guess is a good excuse for not blogging. This past week however, I have no excuse. So I guess I'll just rewind back to the middle of last week and play a little catch up.

In my family we really like to celebrate birthdays. In fact the more birthdays we can squeeze into one party the better. My birthday isn't until the end of the month but my cousin's birthday was in May and my aunt's birthday is at the beginning of June. We already took care of my brother (on the same day as my aunt's) before he left for his summer internship. My cousin cooks at a local bar and only gets 2 nights off a week. He had such a day last week so we jumped at the chance and meet up for some Japanese.
There will be more celebrations as the month goes on.

Afterwards I went over to my parents house and took some pictures of their menagerie.
Luke, their Springer Spaniel.

Dad, don't show Mom these pictures.
The kittens, all grown up. Now they all have new homes so this was the last time I got to play with them.
Melissa
T.J.
Brandi
Melissa playing with a toy.
Suede, the momma cat.
Melissa checking things out. They were so cute.

The rest of the week I actually did some work-like stuff. Meetings, re-skeining, etc. On Saturday, Mom and I went to the Georgia Renaissance Festival. It's so much fun, lots of fun sights and hair braiding.

And I have been knitting. Yesterday I was up until 3 in the morning just piddling around. At 4 minutes after midnight I cast on a sock for June Junkies Charity Knitting, a subgroup of the Malabrigo Junkies group on Ravelry.
This is where I'm at after knitting on it all day (in between cleaning the kitchen and doing laundry).

I've also been working (slowly but surely) on my Rivulets socks.
And last Thursday I went to a knit night in Woodstock with a couple of Twitter friends and got a lot done on my Prairie Blanket.
Right now I'm watching crappy television (I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here...I'm Bored, Find Me a Better T.V. Program) and still working on the sock. Maybe I'll get done with it tonight and then I'll work on the blanket and then I have a sweater I need to test knit before the end of June and then...

1 comment:

Knittymuggins said...

The projects look great and I adore the kitty photos! So sorry you had the flu :( Hope you're feeling better!

knittymuggins