Saturday, October 4, 2008

Take Two

This is the blog I wanted to post yesterday but couldn't. Hopefully I remember everything...

Yarn:
Here is some yarn I recently dyed and re-skeined.
School Carpet

Gumballs

I've Got Sunshine on an Autumn Day

Tribal

Gift:
At school we have the option at the beginning of the year to take part in a secret pal gift exchange program. I signed up and made a little list of all the things I like, including knitting. I know that there are a lot of people who don't know a lot about knitting but I think everyone can give it the old college try. Plus, I can think of very few things that I knitter wouldn't want. On Friday I got a lovely little package from my secret pal.
Vanna's Choice yarn in gray and purple (one of my favorite colors)

and a Knifty Knitter loom. I find it crazily ironic that I received this gift for 2 reasons. First, this person had no way of knowing my online persona was The Knifty Knitter. Second, even though I go by The Knifty Knitter I have never actually used a Knifty Knitter loom for anything! I really don't know how to use one but I'm willing to give it a shot.Overall I was very impressed with my non-knitting secret pal's ability to pick out knitterly things :)

Almost FO:
A Warm Woolies sweater vest. Almost done, details to follow (and yes, that's a Fender Stratocaster guitar in the background, I used to be a rocker chick :) ).
FO:
Not really knitting but...I just finished the book Twilight on Friday after school and I loved it. I'm a big fan of anything fantasy related and vampire tales have always been a fascination of mine. I'm also a big fan of teen literature because it never gets too serious and wordy like some adult fiction can. I thought the two main characters were well written, especially Bella. The secondary characters are still a little shrouded but that leaves more for the other 3 books. Bella is amazing though. I totally connected with her and saw a lot of myself in her. This book brought me to (almost) tears a few times and that wasn't even at the climactic parts. In the end I was a little heart broken at how it ended. I don't want to give it away and, honestly, I don't think most people will feel the same as I do when they finish the book. I just felt like I could relate to Bella so much that I was feeling her pain and ended up a little frustrated and sad at how the story closed. It just makes me want to read the next three books though. Especially the last one because I'm wondering if Meyer will draw the series to a close or leave it open for more.

Other productive stuff:
I ordered fiber and dyes for the store today. Almost a whole months worth of secondary income was invested in the start up. My tech guy (who I hope will let me reveal who he is) will be coming over tonight to help me set up the shop side of the website. Maybe by next weekend there will be some sort of initial web pages for you to see!

No comments: