Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Night of Relief

Things have been a little hectic around here lately. They'll continue to be that way through this weekend but for now I have one night where I can take a breather and...relax? Well, not really. Still working. Dyeing yarn for the shop. But at least kind of relaxing. What have I been up to? Well...

There was a bachelorette party for my future SIL.

There was a graduation for my brother.
Who won an ASLA (American Society of Landscape Architects) award.
There is/was general revelry over the upcoming wedding between the aforementioned crazy kids.
There has been a little knitting. I've been working on The Road Scarf for the EEROP April/May KAL.
As you can see I've started the 4 stitch pattern over again.
There will be one more repeat of these 4 sections to go. That should make a nice length scarf. I've also been working on another scarf based off this pattern. But I've added some other stitch patterns in.
Some sections look better than others but it's been fun just trying new stitches. If you want to join in and help Children's Emergency Relief International, there's still time! This is a quick knit so you could easily finish one by the end of the month.

Also been knitting a little on my Rivulets socks.
I need a few more repeats of the pattern and then I can knit the ribbing and bind off! This sock seems to take forever with these tiny (size 0!) needles. Unfortunately, I still have another one to make. :::sigh:::

In addition to knitting I've also been organizing some upcoming knitterly things. Last Thursday I was elected VP of Workshops for the Atlanta Knitting Guild.
So I'm already getting together ideas for fall workshops.

The charity knitting group has also been given the awesome opportunity of working with Project Hope to knit sweaters, hats, scarves, gloves, and prayer shawls for mothers and their children in Romania. Project Hope works to combat child abandonment in Romania by providing support to families so they won't have to give up their children to orphanages. If you're interested in helping knit an item or 2 (or 10!) visit the thread on Ravelry to see what still needs to be knit. I've picked out a 6 year old boy to knit for. Now I know what all that green yarn I purchased at Stitches will be for!

I leave you tonight with a picture from my brother's senior project on urban development.
This raccoon is in a picture of a nature preserve/walk type thing that my brother designed. The expression he's making makes me giggle.

1 comment:

Merf said...

I LOVE the Road Scarf!! Beautiful!