Thursday, September 29, 2011

Planning

I have tried to set myself up a little schedule for how I want my day to day activities to go. Some days I have planned to work on stuff for the charity, some days are for schoolwork, some days are for the online shop, and sometimes I have to clean the house and wash clothes. Despite my best efforts this does not seem to be working. My schedule should be something more like the following:

10:30-Wake up (later than intended because stayed up too late the night before).
10:45-Make "breakfast" from whatever is in the fridge and/or pantry (typical breakfast foods include: spaghetti, leftover casserole, grilled cheese, or cereal).
11:00-Make a list of what I intend to accomplish while drinking hot tea.
11:15-Check email, receive a phone call, or open mail. Continue drinking tea (second cup may be needed).
11:16-Change entire plans for the day based on said email, call, or piece of mail. Never finish drinking hot tea.
Spend the rest of the day doing other stuff than what was planned.
2:00 a.m. (the following day)-Pass out in bed.

Don't get me wrong. I like being busy. I just wish I could plan a little better for it.

Anyways, that was my day yesterday. Today I'm trying to take it easy because I had a pretty busy weekend (vended at the Shenandoah Valley Fiber Festival in Berryville, VA which meant a 9.5 hour drive there and back), Tuesday I was with a friend at a speaking engagement, and yesterday I helped my sister-in-law and brother clean their old apartment. Today I have the windows open, a cup of hot tea, incense burning, and my lap top at the ready. I'll probably do a little laundry and run the dishwasher and tonight I do have a meeting to go to but I'm planning on spending most of the day parked in the chaise lounge finishing paperwork, knitting, and maybe reading some blogs. It will be a productive day just not as crazy and unexpected as a usual day. I hope. Just to be safe I'm not going to read any emails, open any mail, or answer the phone for the rest of the day.

Scarf knitting for a peaceful work day.

No comments: