Thursday, September 15, 2011

Back to School*

*The pictures in this post have absolutely nothing to do with the post.

Yesterday I had the opportunity to go back to my former place of employment and help one of my friends who still teaches there. She has a bit of a wild class (not unlike the class I had my second year teaching) and needed another set of hands to help control the chaos. Since I have the time now I decided to go help her out. I know how these things can be.


Romanian chocolate time! (with rum!) on Twitpic
The Romanian chocolate I ate the other night. It had rum in it. The rum may have fermented. I got drunk just opening the package.



I was pleasantly surprised to find that I still enjoyed being around wild and crazy children. I was afraid that I was just going to be turned off to the whole teaching/being around kids thing after my experience the last 3 years. But I wasn't. In fact it was nice to be able to help her and I remembered why I love kids in the 1st place. On the other hand, it was nice to be able to leave after an hour or so and go home and eat decent (non-cafeteria) food and take a nap.

Coolest 6 year old's birthday cake ever.  on Twitpic
A cake. In the shape of a Storm Troopers head. Full of awesome.

The good thing was I proved to myself that I could handle a "real" job (I was a little afraid that self-employment would make me never want to go back into the "real" workforce again) but that it seems I enjoy it most on my own terms (getting to show up when I want, wear what I want, set my own hours). So, I guess I better find a really flexible boss or a job I really love and wouldn't mind compromising on (I'm thinking the latter will probably win out).

Interested kitteh is interested.  on Twitpic
Mai cat. She iz watchin you park yur carz.
After a rather productive day yesterday (there was also a trip to the hospital to sort out a bill, some birthday yarn buying (from my own b-day back in June), picking up my contact lenses, and fixing/making discussion postings for grad school) I feel completely unmotivated. I think knitting might solve this. Then I am making something. And that's productive, right?

No comments: