Monday, March 1, 2010

Ravelympics Recap

Get it? "Recap"...because I made a bunch of caps for the Ravelympics...

Ok, now that you've split your sides with laughter, let's take a look back on the last 17 days. I'm really sad that the games are over. I've always fancied myself more of a summer games girl but after immersing myself in just about every obscure winter sport there is, I think it's safe to say that I'm an Olympics Fanatic. Summer or winter. I seriously saw things I didn't even know you could compete in. And I was fascinated. My favorite event was the men's snowboard half-pipe (kind of ironic I competed in the Hat Half-Pipe for the Ravelympics). The US guys are totally talented and beyond hott (yes, with 2 t's).

Eh hm, anyways...

The wrap up.

Hat #1 was an Unoriginal Hat for my mom:
Hat #2 was a "test knit" of a generic hat pattern that I wrote. The hat will go to charity:
Hat #3 was an Unoriginal Hat for my future SIL Brandi (or me if she doesn't want it):
Hat #4 was another "test knit" of my generic ribbed brim hat pattern. This was in an infant size. Again, this one's for charity:
Hat #5, the final hat, was Jared Flood's (a.k.a. Brooklyn Tweed's) Turn a Square Hat. Made for a friend on Twitter:
Lurve it. Might have to make one for myself. Additional details about all the hats can be found on my Ravelry page. So, now you can tell all your friends that you know a 5 time Ravelympics gold medalist. I know you're impressed.


While I have loved the Ravelympics, and wished they occurred every month so I'd have an excuse to drop everything and knit, I now find myself rather behind. The laundry is about to grow legs and run off with the dishes. Not to mention that my charity group on Ravelry has gone sadly un-updated. And let's not even get started on the dyeing...oi...I'm forming a plan of action though. Slowly, but surely. Maybe a few set backs tonight though as I picked up the clapotis again and really, really, really wanted it finished. So I did.

Pretty much the nicest thing I've ever made for myself. I think I'll call it the $250 Wrap. Many thanks to Warm Woolies for the awesome yarn!

When I was picking up yarn for the Turn a Square hat I also picked up some metal DPNs. Then I was able to salvage the socks that were hanging on the broken needles. Been knitting a few rows here and there and slowly the socks are growing.
Ok, now that the blog is caught up I better go tackle some laundry.

2 comments:

SimplyMe said...

Wow. You struck olympic gold!!! Nicely done, m'dear.

Anonymous said...

Love it! I am so impressed. I definitely couldn't have made that many hats in 17 days. Well, I probably could have, but I wouldn't have. Is the whole point of the knitting Olympics so that you will watch the Olympics while knitting because I gotta be honest, I probably watched about 30 seconds of the games if you exclude the Today show.