Saturday, March 27, 2010

Not So Typical

I know I've said it before but I'll say it again, I'm not a morning person, I'm a night owl. A typical evening for me ends somewhere between 11 and midnight and, personally, I don't think that any person should have to go into work before 9. However, my work day starts between 7:30 and 8 depending on the day of the week and that means I'm up by 6:30. A typical nights sleep for me is between 6 and 7 hours though it has been known to be as few as 4 or 5. Last night I was practically falling asleep at knit night so as soon as I came through the door to my apartment I went to bed. I slept from 8:30 last night until 8 this morning. 11 and 1/2 hours. Not typical of me at all. I guess the illness, staying up really late a few nights this week and the stress of work finally hit me. The only thing that would have made it more peaceful is if I hadn't had a dream about work sometime this morning.

On to the knitting!
Have managed to get past the heel turn on the second toe up diamond sock for charity. This project is hanging in my purse for those moments when I need something to knit and I'm on the go.
I started another Keep Me Warm Vest last night at knit night. The bottom band is made from some old hand dyed (with cake icing and food coloring). I realized that one of the downsides to food grade dyes is that they bleed worse than acid dyes. My hands looked like there were on fire last night. This will go to the Adoption Center of Washington. Hoping to get it finished by the end of the month. Which is 5 days away. Did I mention this is single stranded on size 7 needles? I didn't? Oh...
Finished one really large mitten and started on another. Again, a charity knit. This one for H 2 H International. This project and the vest are in my knitting bag that gets hauled out to knit nights, large functions, travel over long distances in the car and to the couch for nightly knitting.
Finally, cast on for the second Trick or Treat sock. Put this next to the computer so I can work on it when I'm reading blogs or checking my email.

Have nothing on the needles for friends or family at the moment but I know what that project will be. Just waiting until the end of the month so I can purchase the pattern and yarn.

No comments: