Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Turning of the Tides

Today when I got home I will admit that I was not in the best of moods. I realized that I have 5 meetings scheduled over the next 2 days (this is after already having 2 meetings today), 2 paperwork deadlines that fall on the same day (which is tomorrow, if you were wondering), plus 2 private lessons that would fall an hour later (thanks to the 2 hour after work meeting that I have to attend but am not getting paid for). I'm running on less sleep than I would like and when I laid down to rest today (in the 30 minutes before the first of those 2 private lessons started) it took the cat a whooping 5 minutes to mess something up which prompted me to get up, clean up the mess, try and lie back down again, and have the student arrive 10 minutes early. Then after the lesson I had to go to the post office and mail some packages. Minus the 2 international packages which can only be mailed at the counter. Which means they aren't going to get mailed until Friday because, did I mention? I have to be after work every afternoon until 6!

Just as I was coming home from the post office, preparing myself to retreat to the farthest corner of my bedroom closet with a pint of ice cream, curl into the fetal position and devour some Ben and Jerry's while rocking back and forth, just before that moment arrived, I opened my mailbox to discover this...
Life is good.

No comments: