Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day

I don't usually do posts on holidays. Usually I forget about important dates (like my blogiversary) or I'm too busy doing other stuff (like at Thanksgiving and Christmas). But today I wanted to write about Valentine's Day. It looks different for me this year. Typically I could care less. The running record for the last 3 or 4 years has been to be single and a little bit whine-y and depressive. Again, this year is different. Instead of musing over how I'm still waiting for my Boaz I thought I'd tell you about the loves of my life who melt my heart faster than one of those big chocolate hearts left outside on summer day in Miami, my Romanian boys.
It's crazy to think that a year ago at this time I didn't know your names or faces.
It's crazy to think of the instant connection I felt to you.
The way my heart pounded with true love the first time you took my hand.
I marveled at how you chose me.
How you wanted to be near me.
How God brought us together in a supernatural way.
The same blood does not course through our veins.
I wasn't there the day you were born.
But that makes you no less my children.
That doesn't mean I care any less for you.
No one could ever replace you in my heart.
My heart which is filled to bursting when I see you smile.
And though we spend most days apart, you are on my heart and in my mind all day, every day.

Love you guys and can't wait to see you again!

No comments: