Thursday, April 14, 2011

That's Life

Just some updates on this game we call Life.

1. Surgery recovery: It's been exactly two weeks since I had my tonsils taken out and my sinus surgery performed. I still have some tightness and soreness in my throat but I'm feeling human again. Monday was really rough, I still couldn't eat very well, there was a lot of scarring in my throat, I needed lots of pain meds to make it through the day, and I was super tired. I went to the doctor for a check up and to clean out some of the scabbing in my nose. That seemed to be the magic pill because that night I slept great and Tuesday I woke up with my throat feeling tons better. Recovery is still slow but at least it's steady. Most nights I can make it until about 4 or 5 in the morning before I have to get up for pain medicine. My biggest issue now is how to keep the cat from bothering me while I try and rest. She's definitely making up for the week and half I was away from home by following me around everywhere and giving me lots of kisses.

2. Work: Things have been the usual craziness at work except I no longer have the energy to deal with it (not that I had a whole lot of energy to work with in the 1st place). I'm just counting down the days until the end of the year. Two weeks ago the county office told us that, due to the large amount of snow days that we had to take this year, all employees had to make up 16 hours "somehow" (literally their words). They have already taken every day off we had until the end of the year and extended the school year the maximum number of days. So, myself and my coworkers are either coming in early or staying late each day for at least an hour trying to make up the time. So far I have 4 hours. I may doing this for awhile.

3. Grad school: Grad school started back this week (thankfully it was this week and not last week, not sure I would have made a whole lot so sense last week). My group counseling class seems like it will be fine but I'm a bit intimidated by my Tests and Measurements class. It's all about the standards of test administration and how to determine the validity and relevance of tests. It's very technical but the worst part is the book is drier than dust. I guess in one sense it's pretty straight forward as far as procedures go and what not but it's not interesting to read in the slightest. Needless to say I fell asleep at my desk today while trying to get a chapter read.

4. Knitting: All felting all the time. I've decided to carry some felted coasters and wine cozies at some of my up coming shows so I've been making lots of felted items. Not exactly exciting but it is what it is. And I'm knitting so that's always good :)

I think that about covers everything. Hoping to have something a little more interesting to post soon. I'm in the process of making up the week+ that I lost so there should be a lot of activity around here soon.

No comments: