Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Saturday at a (Fiber) Festival

First off I want to say a huge THANK YOU! to everyone who has written comments, tweets, facebook messages, emails, or who has told me in person how excited and supportive they are to hear that I will be striking out on my own in June. It really means a lot to me to have so many people in my corner :) I want to share with you a little of what my life is about to become. Here's some snippets from the Smokey Mountain Fiber Festival held this past weekend in Townsend, Tennessee. Warning: This post is picture heavy.

My humble little booth.
 Left side:
Right side:
My friend and helper Jennifer modeling our cozy little hotel room at the Talley Ho Inn.
This picture is only funny to Jennifer and I but let's just say that everyone at a fiber festival has a story.
Booties that Jennifer made and then embroidered. And then gave to me to sell! Oh, the cuteness!
Baa, baa, black sheep, have you any wool? Besides those huge balls of Red Heart Super Saver...
Beth one of our next booth neighbors. Beth runs the Middle Tennessee Fiber Festival (which I will also be at).
A drop spindle demonstration.
Coldwater Alpaca Ranch which had some beautiful felted hats and lovely smelling soaps and lotions.
Mercedes of Kitchen Sink Dyeworks.
A weaving demonstration.
Spinning.
Handcrafted dolls and stuffed animals. This bear was used in the movie Paul.
Loom weaving in the booth across from ours. We heard the click, clack of her shuttle the whole weekend. It was actually quite a soothing sound. Plus she had some awesome handwoven placemats and table runners.
And, even though I had to finish up 2 papers for grad school and I was super stressed about having everything ready for the show, I was finally able to relax a little and start something new. A baby blanket made from scraps of my aran weight yarn. This will be a charity knit for the Eastern European and Russian Orphanages Project since I have been neglecting my charity knitting to make swatches for the show.
Now that I have a three week break from grad school and only 6 more (working) days until Spring Break (I'm starting my break a little early because I'm having a tonsillectomy the week before), I can actually knit a little, read some blogs, relax, and breath. It's nice to be able to do that again.

No comments: