Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 Resolutions

Drum roll please! Here, in no particular order, are my 2011 New Year's Resolutions!

1. To do more good stuff. I want to grow the Eastern European and Russian Orphanages Project into a full fledged, tax exempt entity. I want to do some more missions work. I want to knit more for charity. I want to continue to feel like I'm making a difference.

2. I want to make the things that are important to me my top priority instead of side projects. Read as: charity and business.

3. I want to do something risky. I have an idea of what this will be but I'm not quite ready to share it. I will when the time is right. For now I'm seeking out advice and trying to be smart about it. There is a fine line between taking a risk and being a damn fool.

4. Go clean with my cosmetics. I'm reading the book No More Dirty Looks and it talks a lot about the benefits of going clean with your health and beauty routine. Since I've switched to organic cleaners and do try to eat organic when I can I think this is a logical next step.

And...that's it! Just four things but four really quality things. This summer I will turn 28 and for some reason that has given me great pause. I'm not where I thought I would be at this point in my life (and have known that for some time) but for some reason 28 seems like too long to let that just continue to be. I want to at least say I tried something different, stuck my neck out, did something new. Maybe this year will be the year I find true love, land the perfect job, and make a million bucks. But if I don't then at least I want to say I tried.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

LOL Yes there IS a fine line between taking risks and being a damn fool!!!!!

I hear you on the turning 28 and expecting to be somewhere else in your life. I had that at 29. Good for you for making some good attainable goals.

Eddie Jennings, Jr. said...

Your resolutions seem reasonable. I have one suggestion: Consider canning cosmetics altogether. I don't know you well enough to know how attach to them you are, but some of the most beautiful females I've seen do not wear any cosmetics. There's something beautiful natural imperfections.

Just my two cents.