Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Hiking

Yesterday a friend and I went up to North Georgia for a bit of hiking at Tallulah Gorge State Park (I call it hiking even though we technically never left a trail and our packs both weighed less than 50 lbs.).
It was a great day for hiking, 70 F/21 C and overcast, and the views were spectacular. We decided to hike down into the gorge to see some of the falls better.
There's a suspension bridge across the gorge. Very cool looking even though the swinging motion made me a little nervous.
There are over 1000 steps down into the gorge but it was worth it. Isn't this picture amazing?
The trails around the rim of the gorge were lovely with all the falling leaves.
Before we stopped for lunch we decided to hike to Inspiration Point.
Inspiration Point is perched almost at the very tip top of a 1000 foot bluff.
Not many people can say this was their view for lunch yesterday:
Just as we finished up lunch it started drizzling and by the time we got to the car it was starting to rain. We timed everything perfectly and were on the road back home by the time it really started to come down.

Needless to say, I needed a lengthy nap yesterday.

Today I'm dyeing up some yarn. I have a custom order of Juniper Moon Farm cormo that needs to be done as a prize from the EEROP/Project Hope Christmas knitting drive from over the summer. I'm also going to dye some yarn for myself (something that doesn't happen very often)! There is a new mystery knit along designed by LISMI that I'm hoping to get around to during the Christmas holidays that I would like to use my self dyed yarn for. I would like to start it before then but I still have Christmas knitting to get to, though it is coming along nicely. Oh, and I have to start Thanksgiving cooking today too :)

No comments: