Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day

Happy Labor Day to all my American friends! The day where we don't work in order to celebrate the fact that we do work (more specifically it's to celebrate the labor movement in the U.S.). I've been not laboring too hard all day. I did have to do some laundry and clean the bathrooms but I balanced that out by sleeping in and doing some computer work on the patio while enjoying this fabulous weather (highs of only 85 F/29 C today, it's starting to feel like fall)!

My knitting today has consisted of my stealth knitting project a.k.a. The Project That Is Working So Please Don't Talk About It Or It Might Disintegrate In My Hands. I'm officially Under A Deadline big time with this project and 2 more that haven't been started. Both are for the Project Hope/EEROP summer knitting campaign. I need to have the stealth sweater, a pair of socks, and a pair of mittens finished by September the 13th. I have faith that I can accomplish this since all the items are for a 6 year old boy so thankfully I'm not trying to knit a bunch of adult sized things in the next week. The official deadline for the campaign is the 18th and the really offical must-have-in-my-hands deadline is the 23rd but I want to finish a little sooner because, barring no unforeseen setbacks, I will starting my master's degree on the 13th! I plan to get my M.S. in Counseling Psychology. I've always had a heart for those who have been through difficult situations that have shaped their thoughts and behaviors. With this degree I hope to not only be able to diagnosis their disorders (psychological side of the the degree) but also to administer therapy and counseling to them (the counseling side). I'm really excited to get started in the program (which is all online so I can still work full-time) and see where this leads me. I didn't think I'd be back in school (ever) but I think it will really open up a lot of possibilities for me.

Today I also posted to the EEROP Ravelry group about the prizes for the Project Hope campaign. There are still a few weeks to get some knitting in so if you haven't joined in please consider it.

And speaking of EEROP...I have officially launched the EEROP website! There is a list of upcoming campaigns that I'm super excited about. I'm also hoping to post a special fundraiser to the website by the end of the week.

Ok, my hands are jumping to do something since I downed an energy drink a few minutes ago so I'm going to try and finish off this stealth project!

No comments: